China Spring Elementary has a full-day Pre-K program. We focus on helping students get “Kindergarten ready” by focusing on both, academic and social/emotional skills through developmentally appropriate practices. This is done in a classroom setting, allowing students to experience both whole group and small group lessons, table work stations, fine motor practice, and learning through play in centers and outdoor play. Progress Reports are sent home every twelve weeks for each student. Pre-K does include a nap time in their daily routine. The students also get to participate in the Specials Rotation which includes P.E., Art, Health, Computer, Library, and Music. Our Pre-K students love being a part of the China Spring Elementary Community!
To qualify for PreK, you must meet one of the following criteria's:
1. Student must meet the guidelines for the free/reduced lunch program
2. Student who speaks English as a second language
3. Student's parent must be on active duty military or disabled military
4. Student has been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an advisory hearing
5. Student is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
6. The State considers the child homeless
Want to know what skills your student needs to know PRIOR to starting kindergarten?
Read below or Click on this link to download.